Posted By: scoreboard on December 26 2016 at 09:46:49 PM
Hate to be negative BUT...it appears this message board is on life support....but I will try anyway....
1 Where is the schedule for the AZ non wing sprint cars? 360s you know...the group RJ Johnson dominates.
2 Who is promoting Wild Cat Raceway in Tucson AZ? ( former USA Raceway/Tucson International Raceway)
3 Per Wildcat schedule on this website.. what is a WSCA wingless sprint car? 360 or 305 or maybe its a new 6 cylinder sprint car? Ha Ha
4 Where doesKevin and Jeannie Montgomery fit into AZ dirt track racing? 2 people that have done the most for AZ dirt track racing since Keith Hall left.
5 IS there gonna be any 360 non wing racing at Canyon Raceway now that Gabbard has taken it back? ( appears to be a friends and family stock car track to me now)
6 Is AZ Speedway gonna save us all and be the only place we can see non wing 360 and 410 racing in the state of AZ ?
1. USAC Southwest is always last to release... not sure why, most likely negotiations are still in progress with the tracks for race dates but we always seem to drag our feet with releasing schedules here in AZ.
2. Their face book page is pretty informative, check it out if you use face book. There is no question Tucson is the nicest facility in Arizona, looks like they have really worked hard down there to get the place back in shape including widing the track. The crate motors their track series has gone to are interesting. Good reading I thought, we'll see if it goes the way of the spec Midget motors we saw fail in years past out west or if it becomes a sustainable option. I commend Wildcat for stepping up and doing it!
3. WSCA - wildcat sprint car association - is the track series and the Wildcat wingless sprints are the spec motor cars. I am not sure if the spec sprint car motor will really take off, but it is very affordable and claims to have some thump in the bottom end. Time will tell. If you look at their schedule you will also see WAR sprints scheduled, this is an open motor class. check it out, USAC may have missed the boat, if they dont get us a date there it would be a shame.
4. I disagree. bye Felicia...
5. yes, there is a USAC Southwest race on their schedule in early Feburary. the complete schedule has not been released but i do see a 360 non wing race in Feb.
6. wont be the only place, but might be the best place its a good race track; and i feel like they have a good idea on how to prepare it now. unfortunately the track is not real communicative, i have called them numerous times with no return phone call ever, but a lot of businesses have lame managers... i am thankful the facility is there for sure.