For Release: From MSCS
“SUMMER SHOWDOWN” RAINED OUT AT TRI-STATE SPEEDWAY
Haubstadt, IN - June 11, 2018 - For the second time this season a
race scheduled to be held for the Hoosier Tire Midwest Sprint Car
Series could not be held as scheduled because of weather. Rain was
in the forecast and it arrived at Tri-State Speedway Saturday
afternoon as the race cars were arriving on the grounds to compete.
The “Summer Showdown” which was to have been the first wheel to wheel
meeting of the MSCS Sprints and the POWRi WAR Sprints was rained out.
The Midwest Sprint Car Series will be racing next at the Brownstown
Speedway which is located at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in
Brownstown, Indiana. That event will be held on Saturday night June
23rd. The show is an open wheel spectacular. Besides the MSCS
Non-Wing Sprints the track will be presenting the Winged Racesaver
Sprints plus the TQ Midgets and the Open Wheel Modifieds.
With there not being a race this past weekend the MSCS points remain
unchanged. The current top ten drivers are listed below.
HOOSIER TIRE MIDWEST SPRINT CAR SERIES
DRIVER POINTS STANDINGS
(As of June 10, 2018)
1) 21 Carson Short , Marion, IL______401
2) 28 Brandon Mattox, Cory, IN______346
3) 12 Robert Ballou, Tipton, IN______ 343
4) 4B Donny Brackett, Ft. Branch, IN__ 329
5) 5K Kent Schmidt, Owensville, IN___282
6) 10 Aric Gentry, Robards, KY______262
7) 3C Kyle Cummins, Princeton, IN____251
8) 32 Garrett Aitken, Paris, IL________ 240
9) 63 Kevin Thomas Jr., Cullman, AL__219
10) 36 Collin Ambrose, Owensboro, KY_205